Sunday, July 5, was our first Sunday at Providence Reformed Church. Mitzi, the kids, and I were greatly blessed to connect with a loving church family that deeply desires to hear and obey the word of God. The church was happy to receive us, and we are very glad to be here.
We are doing our best to settle into our temporary apartment. This place is a two bedroom so we weren’t sure how the beds would all fit but thankfully the room was big enough for all three beds. We are opening boxes, putting things where they go, and learning what it is like to live in our new setting. Especially dealing with the “dry” heat. The kids are especially loving the fact that our new apartment has a very nice swimming pool. We have spent time in the pool almost every day. It certainly comes in handy on days where the temperature is above 100 degrees.
We spent our first 4th of July celebration with our new friends. The children enjoyed being around other children.
We are also in negotiation with a potential buyer for our house. We have received an offer and we have presented a counter. I’m not sure what will come of it all at present, but we are encouraged and are praying that God will continue to bless us by selling our home and providing for our needs.
How to pray for us:
- Pray for us all as we adjust to our new setting.
- Pray especially for the kids as they learn to live in a new place and, for now, in a smaller space.
- Pray for me (Travis) as I adjust to a new sort of pastoral role. I want to preach God’s word faithfully, love the people of the church, and shepherd as I ought.
- Pray for Mitzi as she still has so much taking care of us to do.
- Pray for our house to sell.
Thanks to all who are reading these and praying for us. Feel free to drop us a note to let us know how you are doing and how we can pray for you and yours.