It is most certainly summer in Las Vegas. We’ve had a full week of temperatures over 110, but remember, it’s a dry heat. Here is what has been up in the life of the Peterson family and Providence Reformed Church.
The month of June is always special for us because it is when we celebrate our wedding anniversary. This year Mitzi and Travis have been married for 17 years.
Josiah got a special treat in June. He was able to travel to Camp Ironwood once more. He was sad not to be going with his young friend from church, but he did a great job on his own. At Ironwood, Josiah worshiped and learned. He also was able to participate in archery, horseback riding, canoeing, camping, swimming, shooting BB guns, and much more.
Providence Reformed Church
Life at PRC is always full. We have continued some of our best activities while enjoying a special summertime event. Sunday Night Live in the Peterson home is still going strong. We are working through the Gospel According to John every Sunday night at 6:30 local time. People join us in our home, and many participate on-line by watching the Facebook Live stream. You are always welcome to join us on Sunday evenings. Just follow our church’s page on Facebook and watch for us to go live—www.facebook.com/provref.
We have also managed to have our second monthly meetings for young men and young women of Providence. The young men fellowshipped, studied 1 Timothy 1, and learned the valuable life skill of changing a tire. We believe that every young man needs to know that sort of thing, and we are happy to teach our boys. The ladies met together, studied, listened to one of our church members’ testimony, and learned to cook a lovely risotto.
Also during the month of June, the students had a fundraising meal. As many of you know, we are planning our first student mission trip in July. We are headed to Oxnard, CA, where the students will help a church with their VBS. The theme of the fundraising meal was Star Wars. It was a great event. The students decorated the house, prepared, and served the meal. They did a wonderful job.
The new thing for the summer came at the end of June. From June 26-30, we had our first ever Vacation Bible School as Providence Reformed Church. Students met in the Johnson Middle School cafeteria to learn about God our King. Children enjoyed singing, games, crafts, and snacks together. Each day we focused on important truths like the following:
- We are Created by the King.
- We have rebelled against the King.
- We can be rescued by the King.
- We can live to serve the King.
- We look forward to the return of the King.
We would be so happy for you to pray for us in the following ways:
- Pray for the upcoming student ministry trip to California. We will be taking a group of students to help another church with their Vacation Bible School and to have a sort of student retreat.
- Pray that our church continue to grow. God has brought some new families to our congregation, and we certainly want for that to continue.
- Pray that God will help us to grow spiritually. We want to love him, be faithful to him, and honor him in all we do.
- Pray that God continue to open doors for us to meet new people and reach out with the love of Christ.
- Pray for the things that you would pray for any family: spiritual growth, health, provision, etc.